9.26.2011

big Christmas project

Yes. I did just use the word Christmas in September, but the truth is that I start thinking about Christmas in June right after my birthday. {I love that my birthday and Christmas are almost exactly 6 months apart. Every 6 months there is one of my favorite holidays!} Anyways. See this quilt? Well...


When I was at my Mom's this summer I spotted this quilt tucked away somewhere. She was given this quilt from Grandma Carol and I remember her using it so much throughout my childhood. The only problem is that it's been used so much that the looser-weave fabrics have practically disintegrated! See...


I snatched this quilt up and offered to repair for her for her Christmas present. I like it when I can actually come up with a great and original Christmas present for someone. And I think I hit it with this one. I've only found the time to replace one block so far. I could freak out about that. But. No. I've decided that I will find time to get it done by Christmas. 


I'm excited about this Christmas present. What a neat experience to fix a special quilt that has been made with love. To help it last for many more family memories. And since my Mom knows about it I'll be able to share my progress with you on here. 


Now to figure out what in the world to do for everyone else for Christmas...



No comments: