1.26.2013

Ava's quilt

My good friend, Larin, recently had baby girl Ava. She is their 5th child and 4th girl. And in continuing with celebrating each baby, wether it be the 1st or 11th, I made this bright and colorful crib quilt for her.


I used some of my fav prints in this one. Plus, I adore how cheery it ended up. I did make my quilt top to fit my backing.


I used a Jennifer Paganelli print for the backing. I had been saving this print for just the right project and this was it! It adds an element of sophistication to the quilt. I used my purple tufted tweets print for the binding {also in the quilt top}. I love the bold color and the element of fun it brings.


I tried something with this quilt that I hadn't done before. In the free motion quilting that I did I added sweet baby Ava's name along the white border on the quilt top. I'm really happy with how it turned out. :)

1 comment:

jeanine said...

Beautiful! Your creations are always lovely Jenny! One day you'll have to teach me!