2.13.2013

baking



Baking is the type of crafting that has been happening here lately. It's the winter that does it to me. It might not be that cold here at all but it is still winter. And to me, winter means enjoying the warmth of home and family with cold weather outside and smelling yummy baking smells. And enjoying eating the treats, too! 


We have baked bread, rolls, sugar cookies, apple pie, and chocolate chip cookies. And I have a few more already in the line up. And here where all of the baking is happening, there is always a helper or two on hand. I love how they're so eager to learn and lend a hand. Here Alice is cutting shortening for our apple pie crust. Last week I taught Kate and Alice to knead bread dough. And when Todd is home he is eager to help and to eat. :)

No comments: