3.12.2013

the birthday cake



I made Alice's cake entirely from scratch. Dude. 


I used the Pioneer Woman's chocolate cake recipe. It's a sheet cake recipe made into a 4 layer cake. Except for this one. On this one, I accidentally destroyed one of the layers when I was making it flat. Whoops. But I like the 3 layer height for my 2 year old's party. And it's delicious and that is the most important thing anyways. 


The frosting is my Mother-in-law's recipe. YUM!


I made it a white cake with ruffles because it looked so sweet {and scrumptious!}.


I really liked how well the ruffles held up with this frosting.


And the white looked great with the decor, that was a plus. :) And it was delicious. Have I told you how tasty it was, yet?


Looking at the pictures of this yummy cake was too much, so now I'm munching on one of the last few slices. Delish!

No comments: