4.15.2013

Spring is here!


Just this past week all of the trees grew their new spring leaves. I'm loving all the color and life after the stark trees of the winter.


With the rising temps outside I just want to garden and work in the yard. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't really know what I'm doing. But I'm still going for it. Pretty much, I'm playing house... in the garden, and loving it.


After the weather warmed up and the last frost passed I couldn't wait to get outside and start gardening. I bought the two herbs that didn't survive our North Carolina winter, basil and cilantro. 


Our chives, two different kinds of thyme, rosemary, parsley, and oregano all did well this winter season. It is so nice to that rosemary bush now, so much bigger than when I bought the tiny rosemary plant from our local nursery.


The blueberries are already blooming and so happy. When I bought them last year, they were already producing, so I'm really hoping for a good blueberry season. 


And, ever present in our yard is the heart with our initials carved in it that Josh did for me this past year. 

Love.

p.s. All of the pics were taken with my new Canon on manual. I'm enjoying playing with my camera on manual and manual focus. 

No comments: