8.12.2014

Sweet Heart Quilt

I made this quilt for my oldest daughter. I hand appliquéd each heart onto the quilt. This was truly a labor of love.  


It is twin size and bright and fresh, perfect for my sweet girl. 


The backing is a thrifted vintage sheet that made me fall in love with yellow roses all over again.


I turned over each edge and with my needle and thread, hand stitched each and every heart. 


The pom-pons were a nice whimsical touch that makes the quilt very bohemian chic. They also add that perfect pop of texture.


I used my free motion quilting foot on my sewing machine and quilted it in a meandering pattern. 


It is just such a gorgeous quilt. She loves it so much that she snuggles up in it every night. 

1 comment:

stevenellie said...

You have inspired me to make a heart quilt for Marie. I haven't quilted for years. I must start again.