12.14.2015

flavored salts

I put together some homemade flavored salts for Christmas. I am quite excited about these.


The original recipe was for chile-lime-pimentón salt but I could not find dried lime zest. I didn't have the time to search multiple stores so I just omitted the lime. I think this is going to be amazing without the lime, though if the lime does need adding then a bit of lime juice can be added to the food directly.


I have to admit that the citrus-rosemary salt is the one I am the most excited for. Plus, it looks Christmas-y. It has orange and lemon zest. The recipe can be found here


I really hope that the person receiving this gift is up for a little spicy flavor. The sriracha salt was the simplest recipe

I am pretty impressed at how easy these were to make. The recipes do mention letting the salts sit for a day to really let the flavors set properly. This isn't a problem for me since they'll spend time being mailed across country and sitting under a tree until Christmas morning. 

Have you made flavored salts before? What are your go-to recipes?

No comments: