8.23.2011

asian strip quilt







My friend, Andrea, is having her first baby soon. I made this for her sweet little baby girl. I asked Andrea what her favorite color is and she told me blue & purple & jewel tones. I also found out that she likes Asian things. This fabric combination seemed just perfect for her. I decided to make it into a strip quilt to add simplicity to balance out the vibrant colors and bold patterns.










I adore this quilt.


I admit I did snuggle Alice in it once or twice. You know... to add some sweet baby love into the making of it.








I found this large print for the backing. It's wrinkly in this picture. Sorry. It really does look lovely in real life though.










I used the same orange fabric for the binding.


Now onto the next baby quilt. But, I can't reveal that one until mid September.

1 comment:

Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

I love this quilt! Gorgeous!