10.01.2012

Emilie's quilt



I signed up to make a handmade item sometime this year for my friend, Emilie. I thought a quilt for her birthday was perfect. 

I searched on her pinterest board to see what types of quilts she liked. I knew that she liked the color quilts, but I also needed to work with what I already had on hand. I had had these triangles cut since Spring and just rearranged them until I was happy with it. Another fun thing is that I didn't use any solid fabrics for the front. I wanted each piece to have a fun pattern on it. 

 For the backing I used a fun wonky print that I picked up from IKEA a couple years ago. I also used some solid green that I had lying around for the binding.


I quilted this quilt also with loop de loops. I feel like I've actually got the hang of quilting loop de loops. I really like how it looks, too. This quilt is a throw size.

1 comment:

Emilie said...

It is SO beautiful!!! I can't even believe its mine!
Thank you thank you thank you!